MESSY Bun Hats and Pinterest Tries of the Week (Ft.my blue dance costume)

12:37 PM


 Messy Bun Hat Bow and Pom-Poms "Snow Shoe Hare" In Frosty Blue Denim, Juniors
(my first modeling shot xp)

Well, me and Mom caught onto the trend of "messy bun hats" which are basically crocheted hats with a stretchy ponytail hole in the top for your bun. Actually, Mom caught onto it. Mine....are now back at their humble beginnings in the yarn pile, dismantled. I am completely taken by this one Mom's made (matter fact, if it doesn't sell, I'm going to keep it). Using a rustic/faded denim-like color and THE SOFTEST Angora white yarn you've ever touched is what I call our...

Messy Bun Hat Bow and Pom-Poms "Snow Shoe Hare" In Frosty Blue Denim, Juniors and Ladies One Size Fit's All: Angora and Wool

Yep, that. 

So I tried my first Pin (or whatever). We were going to a local Valentine's Crafters Market, so, along with a pair of blue jeans and a white turtle neck, I did the "Hair Bow" hairstyle.

Hair Bow:

(the perfect looking tutorial with sleek, unknotted and shiny hair)


(how mine turned out--and yes I used a filter no I did not radically bleach my hair)

I kept a bunch of hair down as well and had many compliments! So glad I tried this; will do again.

GUESS WHAT??? We tried on our costumes at dance. 
To be honest I have mixed emotions. The colors are beautiful...but the tutu looks like a frazzled head and the sparkles...just go everywhere. Literally, the dance floor was a SEA.



Here's to saying goodbye *waves crochet hook* I'll be back with more of the wove.

"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness."

-Psalm 30:11

Got a favorite dance costume?

Pinterest Tries/Fails?

You Might Also Like

8 Sticky notes

  1. The messy bun hat is a cool idea! I love messy buns, but since I cut my hair last year I can't do them very well. :( I need it to grow back! ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr messy buns are IT. Style + cuteness + practicality xD. I'm thinking about cutting my hair this summer-it's super long :).
      -Mic

      Delete
  2. I love your bun hat <3

    Ellie
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Messy bun hats are such a great idea!! I've spent SOOO many winters having to stuff my ponytail in the hat, and it just looks weird. btw, your messy bun in that first picture is PERFECTION. Seriously. It looks so gorgeous! And that hair bow looks really cool!! You did a really good job on it. When I try to do my own hair, it looks... well, disastrous. ;)

    As annoying as it may be to have sparkles all over your costume and the floor, it must feel awesome to have sparkles flying off of you while you dance. :) awesome post!

    Abi
    http://authorofmyhope11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! My hair is really thick, so almost every hat/headband slips off super quickly. This works great for that :P. Oh goodness thank you! Actually I keep looking at other messy bun styles and thinking mine weren't necessarily that good...so perhaps were in the same boat, then?

      Ha that's a cool way of looking at it xD thanks girl!
      -Mic

      Delete
  4. A hat...that you can have a bun with. I NEED THIS THING.

    ReplyDelete

Have you been to Europe?

Thank you for your beautiful comments (I respond) <3333