Simply Spring Style (she wore flowers in her hair) + why I dried dishes for 200 PEOPLE

9:11 PM


Shirt T.J Maxx (i.e, thee bestest store ever) One ❤ Clothing
Pants  T.J Maxx (as well) Fair Indigo
Necklace thrift store bought 1928

Total price...$25.00 ish.

Yesterday our youth group had a spaghetti dinner & silent auction fundraiser. I HAD KNOW IDEA WHAT I VOLUNTEERED FOR. The church's kitchen is pretty much equipped for feeding 3 bus loads of elephants. No kid, they have a pan so big I could sit in it. And their washing machine. I got rather acquainted with it. But let's start back a ways before the dinner began, us helpers were getting ready, and the head volunteer lady said "He's washing the dishes, who's drying?"

*silently thinking there's just some dishes at that precise moment that need drying*

*shrug* "I can".

So I dried dishes for the night. For at least 200 people. See, we didn't have enough plates for all of them, so we had to circulate the dishes and put them back out again. And quickly. And when they came out from the dishwasher (which was not your average machine) they were so hot that your mind was telling you DO NOT TOUCH...whereas you had to, because more dishes were coming, they needed plates, etc. Thank God I had people helping me constantly...could not have done that by myself. And when talking, constantly saying "WHAT?!" because the military-like dishwasher was so loud and the boiling pots of noodles and sauce had to, well, boil loudly.

*raises hand* 
Still alive!!

I had to wear my hair up, of course, so I found a tutorial on a 'bouffant bun' and on my first try it came out adorable.
Then I got to the church, and found out I had to put a hat on.
I ended up having to take out my whole bun and wearing a baseball cap with a bill so long I could only see people under the height of 5'5.
Fortunately, I moved my ponytail even lower so I could look up.

Would you wear flowers in your hair?

Have you ever worked in an army-sized kitchen??

You Might Also Like

6 Sticky notes

  1. I've always wanted to. Like, for my wedding, I wanted to wear my hair in a really long fancy braid (cuz I have nearly black, reaaaaaly long hair!), with pearly white flowers kinda just sprinkled in it. IDK tho XD You hair is lovely; it's just the right brown to let the white of the flowers really pop. Beautiful <3<3

    Jazzy @ Thriving Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE putting flowers in my hair. And WOW that sounds stunningly beautiful. Thanks girl! But to be honest, black hair looks the most amazing with flowers ;D

      I think I'd want flowers in my hair for my wedding too--maybe some lavender carnations?
      -Mic

      Delete
  2. Oh my. 200 dishes! This may sound odd but imagine how wrinkly your fingers must've been. At least it was an blog worthy experiences? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Actually most of the time I had on plastic gloves...so the heat from the dishes sort of 'boiled' my fingers a bit xD HAHA yes I wasn't sure what to post then this happened ;)
      -Mic

      Delete
  3. The pictures are so pretty! :D And that's quite a lot of dishes!! (Although, living in a big family, I've probably washed amounts that large before!) xD
    (By the way, I know we are friends on GR, but I don't think we've ever officially 'met', and this is my first time on your lovely blog. :) I'm Livi Jane.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sa' much! Haha I know right. My family is big, but my siblings are older so I've only washed for 4 and below. But we hand wash. *waves* hello again! ;) welcome to my 'main' web home.
      -Mic

      Delete

Have you been to Europe?

Thank you for your beautiful comments (I respond) <3333