THE ENCHANTED OLD KITCHEN CABINET (perhaps it holds Narnia...or more chipped paint...) + Artist eye food

10:01 AM





Somehow me and Mom ended up with an old kitchen cabinet.

It was dirty, so Mom got me a brush and some oxiclean...


....and the paint came off. IN CHUNKS. 
Literally just years and years (probably dating back to the 1930's-1950's somewhere) of paint layers, from the top coat of off-white to grey and then to black. 
I realized we had a mess on our hands, but at some point we took a step back, looked at it, and realized how Fixer-Upper like it could be. 

There really is potential in it, but we haven't gotten to finish (or start). 
A neighbor of mine is moving, and gave me all these acrylic paints. It's not like I have some great place to store a mini art studio, so I hauled 'em out to the screened in porch, loaded them into the old kitchen cabinet, and closed the doors.

Then I opened it again, and, it felt like celestial music was playing in the back round.

                      can you hear it?


Life is a bit like this chipped old cabinet.

It's got so many flaws, and ugly splotches, and a black beginning. The hinges might be a little awkward, the shelves have an odd scent, and, most people would probably ditch it in the dumpster a.s.a.p.

Yet...

The white makes it bright, the light makes it peaceful, and the chips are scars from old history and lessons now learned.
And inside?
there's enough paint to beautify 30 canvasses.
And somehow, a person can look at it, and think, "I love this ugly thing"

and smile.

...

And you know what, I'm that ugly thing.

And God is that person.

...

No matter how flawed, chipped, or dirty we are, if we have Jesus inside us, we are gloriously beautiful. Just like the expensive acrylics in the old cabinet.
So be beautiful, today, my friends.

Do you relate to the old kitchen cabinet?

You Might Also Like

10 Sticky notes

  1. UGH THIS IS JUST SO BEAUTIFUL. <3333 THANK YOU for posting this. And yes, I can most definitely relate--but it is a beautiful thing that the most beautiful Being can look at me with all my scratches and scars and squeaky hinges and He can honestly say, "I love her. She is mine." <333
    AND YOU CHANGED YOUR BLOG HEADER. SO PWETTY. ^_^
    -Ariel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH ARIEL THANK YOU <333333
      These are the kind of comments to savor, girl!!!!
      Isn't it the most beautiful thing? *tears of joy*
      YOU NOTICED YOU WONDERFUL PERSON YOU xD
      -Michaila

      Delete
  2. This was beautiful. Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Jesseca! It's comments like these that are so inspiring :)
      -Michaila

      Delete
  3. Girl, that was wonderful. So inspirational. <3

    ~ Pip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you Pip. Your comments make me smile <3
      -Michaila

      Delete
  4. This is such a beautiful analogy, eeep! I love it. <3 We're still in the process of creation, and despite all of our paint being ripped off and the not-so-pretty parts appearing, we are still worth it. We're worth smiling about. <3

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abigail <333 honestly, I wasn't completely planning on writing that...it sorta formed xD
      Isn't it beautiful? That in our ugliness we can still shine ;)
      -Michaila

      Delete

Have you been to Europe?

Thank you for your beautiful comments (I respond) <3333